From the 1st of September, Driving Tests will resume for private cars and lorries only.
The DVA will priorities the following groups:
- Priority Workers who have previously requested an urgent driving test and
- Are currently on a waiting list
- Customers who had driving tests booked (Mar-June and whose tests were cancelled.
The DVA will contact these customers to arrange appointments.
From 1st September Vehicle Testing will resume for the following categories:
- Four year old private cars
- Four year old motorcycles
- Three year old light goods vehicles
- Heavy goods vehicles and
The DVA will no longer be issuing Temporary Exemption Certificates for the vehicles in the categories above and instead issue reminder notices to the owners with instructions on how to book a test.